Many of us have had a bit too much to drink and done some silly things at one time or another. But there's a line between "clean" fun and risky, drunken behaviour.
Here is a list of things to avoid when you've downed more than enough:
- DON'T drink and text. You might be hung up on them but your ex is not waiting in anticipation for you to message them at 3am declaring your undying love for them.
- DON'T get in fights with anyone. Be it a verbal or physical fight, walk away and cool off.
- DON'T say inappropriate things at a family gathering. Your family will remember how you behave for a long time.
- DON'T text your boss or teacher. No matter what you have to say, keep it for a time when your judgement isn’t clouded!
- DON'T make out with random strangers. Drunken kisses can very easily lead to drunken sex. And no one wants to deal with an unexpected pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease.
- DON’T drink and drive a car, motorcycle or even a bicycle as you can get into an accident and injure yourself and others.
Having fun is cool. Getting drunk is not. If you don't know when to stop drinking, it may be time to get help. Speak to an adult you can trust - like an older cousin, teacher or aunt/uncle - if you’re having trouble saying no to alcohol.