In a good, loving relationship you will notice these things:
- You have strong caring feelings as well as physical attraction to your boyfriend or girlfriend, and you would easily agree that the word to describe this is “love”.
- You know that your boyfriend or girlfriend loves you because their actions show that they care and have your best interests at heart.
- Your boyfriend or girlfriend makes you feel special and good about yourself.
- You trust them not to betray you or hurt your feelings and you. You feel safe.
- When you fight or argue, you try to resolve the argument without hurting each other.
- Your boyfriend or girlfriend never asks you to choose between him or her and your family and friends.
- Neither of you feels the need to test each other's loyalty or feelings.
- If sex is part of your relationship, it is because you both want it and agree to it without pressure.
- When you have sex, you both enjoy it and it increases the feeling of emotional closeness and love between you.
It may take a few relationships before you find one that is healthy and happy. You may have to learn what to look out for in a boyfriend or girlfriend, and what you like and don’t like. But it is worth waiting for a relationship that is based on love, respect and mutual protection.
trust4 years, 3 months Ago Report