There is a chance that the clinic in your area won’t have enough of what it needs. There may be too few staff members or even a shortage of equipment. But you need to know that you WILL get what you need.
Here’s how to make sure that you do:
- Check if you need to book an appointment first.
- Take your clinic card on the day.
- Ask for help or directions to find the right place to go, or the right line to stand in. Don’t just join the back of any queue. Know what you are lining up for!
- Accept that you will may have to wait in line for a long time. Be prepared: pack some snacks and water in your bag and take something to read or something to do.
- Even if there is a shortage of equipment, every patient should be attended to and get the check-up they need.
- You may be treated badly by tired or busy clinic staff. It won’t feel good – but you need to let it go it to get what you need.
A clinic visit can take the whole day so you may need to plan for that. Make sure you are prepared and it will fly by. Look out for mobile clinics visiting your area.